Monday, January 12, 2015

Christmas Present from Jeremiah 2014

Yes, finally! I'm doing a recap on what Jeremiah got me for Christmas this year! I know it's really late, but I didn't even get it until last Tuesday (January 6th). First, I'll start with the beginning of the day.

At 10AM I had a hair cut- Jeremiah had tried to get me to cancel it, he tried to do it just randomly but I told him it was early & I'd be done soon. So, I went & Jeremiah went to the DMV while I did so (he got a ticket when he was a minor & had to retake his drivers test before he could renew his license). By the time I finished getting my hair cut he was done there & we met at my house. 

Jeremiah said he needed to wrap my gift (this whole time he told me my gift had just came in on Monday). So I went & got us Chinese food while he did that. When I got back we ate & he told me to give Marly a treat- I opened the treat jar & there was a little gift in there, I unwrapped it & it was the roll of tape. I was like what? And he just laughed. Still confused, but I went with it. 

My dad asked me to get him McDonald's, so I did then came home in time for Jeremiah & I to leave (he said we had to leave by 1:30). We stopped to get gas & it was about 1:45 when we were on our way. I still had no idea where we were going & he wasn't spilling the beans!

We were in the car for hours & hours, still clueless I decided I'd just enjoy the ride because I knew he was not going to tell me where we were headed. Finally, Jeremiah said look! & I saw sign that said "Lexington, Cincinnati". I thought why would we go to Cincinnati? It's not even baseball season! At this point Jeremiah said, open your present! And told me to grab it from behind my seat. I pulled the gift out & started to unwrap it. 

First, I saw a Snackeez cup! Which I had pointed out to Jeremiah a few days before! Inside it I saw something that said TicketMaster. I pulled out the tickets & realized they were for mine & Jeremiah's favorite team: the Kentucky Wildcats! I went "are you kidding me!?" I was so excited! Neither of us had ever been to a UK game, although we both liked the team.

Jeremiah kept it a total secret & didn't hint around at all. We hit game day traffic about the time I said I almost wore my UK shirt today, I wish I would've! Then Jeremiah pulled it out from behind my seat & handed it to me! I was pleasantly surprised! We continued to sit in traffic while I gushed at my surprise. We finally found parking & paid $30 for it! Yikes! Then we started walking towards the game! We didn't really know where we were going so we just followed the crowd. We ended up in something like a mall, which was filled with all Kentucky fans, Kentucky stores & restaurants! We got in line at Subway, ordered & spent at least 15 minutes looking for a table to eat at. We finally snagged one & had some old man sitting with us- at this point we didn't care & just wanted to eat! We ate & decided to find the arena.

We realized we could enter through the mall, so we went up to the third floor & followed the signs to Rupp Arena. We went through security & got out tickets scanned & decided to find out seats. On the way to our seats, Jeremiah bought me a small Hello Kitty wearing a UK shirt as a souvenir. We got to our seats about fifteen minutes early, so we just stayed put & talked & took pictures of the court.

The game started & the place went crazy! It was the best set of fans I've ever been around! Everyone is so involved in rooting for their team & just enjoying the game. At halftime we got some popcorn, Jeremiah got a pretzel & some drinks. We snacked outside then headed back in right as halftime ended. Jeremiah also bought a couple of shirts, one for him & one for his dad, too. Towards the end of the game I got a massive headache but kept putting it off because I didn't have any medicine with me & the game was getting super intense. 

After UK won, we were on our way out. We followed the traffic out to where we thought was nearest to our parking then ran through the super cold weather! The cold didn't help my headache any, it actually made it significantly worse. We made it to Jeremiah's car & attempted to leave Lexington (plus I took about 800mg of ibuprofen as soon as we got in there!). Jeremiah thought I had a headache from dehydration so he stopped at a gas station & got me a water, BBQ chips & a Snickers bar. 
I was pretty miserable because by this point I had a migraine but I tried to keep myself in a good mood because I didn't want to ruin our day. Finally, about an hour or so into our car ride home my head eased up & I was able to enjoy myself again. The ride home didn't seem near as long as the ride there! Jeremiah dropped me off at my house then headed home. We were both exhausted & laid downed soon as we possibly could.

I loved my gift from Jeremiah, he couldn't have picked anything better for me! He's so sweet & I'm extremely thankful for him & all he does for me. Also, the UK shirt was a gift from Jeremiah, he later said he got me that shirt specially for the game. He's precious. 

I hope you're all enjoying life getting back to regular schedule, after a long holiday break.
Happy Monday!

P.S. Jeremiah flew back to school on Friday, so sometime this week I'll recap our last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment