Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A Change of Plans

From my senior year, Plan A was to attend a community college nearby that offered a Dental Hygiene program. 
I spent my first year after graduation at my local community college taking my general education classes & pre-requisites for the Dental Hygiene program. In February of this year I applied. In April I recieved my letter stating I had not been selected to start the program in the upcoming fall semester. 
I was pretty upset, but had my Plan B, and put it into full-swing. I changed my major & decided to attend a nearby university to study psychology. I was excited, yet still disappointed my original plan had not gone through. Yet, I didn't make a big deal about it- or whine & cry. 
I told Jeremiah if I didn't get into the program I would take that as my sign. God was closing that door & was leading me in a new direction. I was fine with whatever path He chose for me.

Then yesterday evening I was standing in my kitchen when the phone rang. I answered it & the lady on the other line told me they had had someone drop out of the dental hygiene program & I was the next person on the list! She offered me the last spot available! I was ecstatic. But wait- I had already committed to this other school- my parents had already paid a lot of money for the upcoming semester. Now what!?
I immediately called Jeremiah (interrupting his golf- but he said it was worth it) & told him the news. He was so excited for me. 
I wasn't sure what decision to make. Do I go with my original plan & go Plan A or choose Plan B?
I thought on it for quite a while then remembered what I had originally thought- God had closed that door for me- but now He's opening it back up for me. In that moment, I knew what the decision was. God knew this was what I wanted, that this is my life plan. I trust Him. I trust the decisions He makes for me & the doors He continues to open for me. 
I am overjoyed with the thought of starting this program. It is what I wanted from the start & I know it's what I am called to do. 

"The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord." 
-Lamentations 3:25-26

No comments:

Post a Comment