Thursday, July 31, 2014

Open When Letters

Unfortunately, I did not come up with this idea on my own- I owe all props to Pinterest.

I loved this idea from the moment I found it & knew it was something I wanted to do for Jeremiah.
These are such cute, personalized & touching cards- plus they're pretty easy to make.

I ordered a box of blank cards with envelopes from JoAnn's Craft & Fabric Store.
These are similar to the cards I bought- if you hurry they're on sale!
The cards I ordered had a few more than fifty in them, I believe it was more like fifty-two or fifty-five.
I will warn you, this is a time consuming DIY.


It took quite a while to come up with fifty-some Open When ideas, but after a few days I had them all figured out (with ideas of what I was going to say inside). I tried to be realistic in mine, yet funny for Jeremiah.

Some of the Open When ideas I used:
You're sad
It's the first day of classes (inside I cut out tiny little paper pencils, that would fall out upon opening)
You need motivation (a picture of a large man at a computer- obviously not motivated)
It's finals week (included a peppermint- they're supposed to create brain stimulation)
You're sick (included a Tylenol Cold & Sinus Pill)
You miss me (pictures of Jeremiah & I together)
It's Valentine's Day (included tiny cut out hearts, to fall out upon opening)

On the front of the cards I printed Open When... then put whatever the card theme was.
Yes, I did this fifty-some times & the put them all together & sealed them all up.

Tip: Keep the box the cards come in, it's perfect for keeping them together when you gift them.


In a lot of the cards I also included Bible verses- things that fit the scenarios on the card.
Jeremiah really loved these & was so excited when I gave them to him. 
It's definitely one present I don't regret spending a lot of time on- because I know it meant a lot to him.
It also meant a lot to me, to be able to show him how much I care & that I'm always there for him.

I hope this post gave you a little idea of something you can do for you Long-Distance relationship.




No comments:

Post a Comment