Monday, June 16, 2014

Summer Make-Up Faves

So lately, I've been expanding my make-up horizon.
I'm really into trying new things & getting up-to-date on the best make-up products.
My summer routine is slightly different from any other time of year because it's much more laid back & beachy! So I thought I'd share some of my favorite summer make-up products!

First, I like to start out with the Victoria's Secret Make It Last Prime & Set Make-Up Spray.
This product honestly does what it says! I spray a little on before I start my make-up routine & it gives my make-up a long-lasting,  fresh look all day. 

Next, I apply a daily sunscreen. I have very, very fair skin- that burns super easily. So a good sunscreen is a necessity in my routine. My preference is the Hang Ten Classic Sport SPF 50 Natural Sunscreen. It protects from UVA/UVB rays, is synthetic fragrance free, & non-greasy (also important). It only takes a small amount to cover my entire face & I can feel it on my face all day.

Unfortunately, I tend to get dark circles under my eyes- even on the nights that I get the best sleep. Recently, I tried the e.l.f. studio Eye Refresh (clear). Can I just say wow? The product has so many natural ingredients, & is the perfect product for those dark under-eye circles. 

For foundation, I love the mark. Got The Goods Multi-benefit Foundation Lotion. This foundation is thin, yet still provides good coverage. I don't like to look "cakey" so a thin foundation is a must-have. It also contains SPF 15, which is another plus. I usually apply this on my face with a small e.l.f. Stipple Brush. It blends well & gives me that air-brush finish. 

Occasionally, before I apply my foundation (if I've skipped on my Hang Ten Sunscreen), I'll apply some Coola Mineral Sunscreen Natural BB Cream. It's so great because it's SPF 30, matte tint & unscented!

For a setting powder I like the Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation. The jar you get is literally huge (I think) & I can use this stuff for four months before I even start to run out! I love that the lid inside twists shut so you don't dump it all out while traveling. Beware though, a little goes a long way- too much & you're gonna be way too dark!

Bronzing in the summer is literally a necessity. I love the Benefit Hoola Bronzer. Although it's costly- it's truly worth your money. I love how smooth it goes on & the great color. 

Blush can give you that cute little color that your cheeks need- which is why I love it so much! I don't like a bright red or hot pink- I prefer a soft, natural glow. The Avon Smooth Mineral Blush is something I've used for years & still adore it. Radiance is my color preference.


Occasionally, I like to do some highlighting- when I do I love the It Hello Light Anti-Aging Radiance Creme Illuminator. It doesn't take much to brighten up your face with this little number!

I love, love, love NYX & almost all of their products! For priming my eyelids before a little color I love to use their Jumbo Eye Pencil in the color Milk. I also like to use this on my lower lash line to open & brighten my eyes up.

My two favorite eye shadows for the summer is either the e.l.f. Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick in the color Little Miss Thing or the Pacifica Natural Beauty Eyeshadow Duo 1. Both of these products are great, depending upon my mood is how I choose my eyeshadow. If I want something effortless, I go to e.l.f.  when I feel like putting a little more effort into it I'll choose Pacifica. 
 

When I feel like doing a wing eyeliner look, I like to use the Avon Extra Lasting Eye Liner. I love how the brush is on this liner- it's really easy to control & has a great color. 

Finally, I curl my lashes with an eyelash curler (that I really have no idea where it came from) & apply some mascara. I'm not picky when it comes to mascara. Usually I'll use some type from Avon or if I need a waterproof kind I'll use Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Waterproof Mascara


Sometimes we all get those crazy eyebrows that just don't want to stay in place- I've been loving the Anastasia Clear Brow Gel. I got it in my BirchBox & ever since it's been a necessity. 

When it's one of those long days & my face is showing a little too much shine, I'll pull out my e.l.f. Shine Eraser Oil Blotting Sheets. I'm thinking these were maybe $2 at Wal-Mart, but you get fifty! Bargain, I think! These work so good, too! They absorb all the shine on my face, without removing my make-up!

All in all, I try to keep it pretty natural in the summer. I know it seems like a lot but really it's not that much! I love all these products & would recommend them to anyone! I hope you've enjoyed & not found this post too long!

Coming Soon: DIY Make-Up Brush Holder

No comments:

Post a Comment