Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Behind the Scenes (Our Story)

So I've realized you don't know much about Jeremiah & I. Today I've decided to give you a little behind-the-scenes look into our relationship. How we met, what we're majoring in, all that jazz.
So let's get going.
First, Jeremiah & I met way back when we were just kids in middle school. Of course, back then it was just an innocent crush- little did either of us know we'd find our soul mates.
Since then, we've both gone through changes but yet those changes have never separated us. I knew, from the moment I met him that there was something special, something I'd never find in anyone else.
So here we are- almost six years later, still going strong. Our love for each other grows everyday, even when distance separates us.
We dated all through high school & have both just finished our freshmen year of college.
Well, technically.. Jeremiah finished his sophomore year- he had a ton of credits going into his freshman year & will be a junior this fall.
I really hate college, it's the whole reason Jeremiah & I have this long distance relationship (it's no walk in the park). We both knew once we graduated from high school we had to further our educations. I just didn't think we'd further them so far apart. I didn't really have expectations of us attending the same school- as our majors differ greatly- but I at least thought we'd be in the same state.
Negative.

Jeremiah has always loved to act & when he knew that it was what he wanted to do- he knew he couldn't do it anywhere near home. Can you say devastated? I was.
But I told Jeremiah I would always support him, no matter which path he chose.
So there he went- off to a major Christian university on the opposite coast.
Like I said, this fall he will begin his junior year, working towards his major in Theatre Arts.
And can I just say- the kid can act. For reals.
I'm so proud of him. Packing up & moving 2,000 miles away to a state where he knows no one, has no friends or family there & has still managed to be on the Dean's list & keep straight A's the entire time.

This year I spent the year taking classes at my local community college & lived at home.
I'll be attending a Christian college nearby this fall & will be working towards my Bachelors of Science in Psychology. I'll be a sophomore- a year behind Jeremiah. Which kinda sucks- yet may end up being a good thing.
Although Jeremiah has been living on campus he hasn't really gotten to know the areas around him, which is where he wants to live later on. So me graduating a year behind him will give him a year to find us a place & a good neighborhood- while getting to know his way around.

In August we will celebrate our six year anniversary. I cannot believe how quickly the time goes by. It seems like just yesterday we were freshmen in high school going to movies on Friday nights- with our parents.  We've literally traveled all across the country together.

From Washington, D.C.

To the Magic Kingdom

To the big city of L.A.

and the gorgeous California coast

We've been through so much & seen so much together. I cannot imagine my life without him & I am excited to finish up this part of our relationship. Although the distance isn't fun & it's quite upsetting at times- I know it's all worth it. Because in the end, we'll spend every single day together!

Happy Wednesday 


All photos were taken & are owned by me- any copying or sharing without permission is not appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment