Saturday, May 31, 2014

Hot Chocolate Brownies

Late Friday night, Jeremiah & I got a major chocolate craving. He just so happened to find these yummy Hot Chocolate Brownies in my pantry. So, of course, we had to make them.


Can I just say, these things are amazingly delicious!
The recipe was super easy (probably because it was a boxed brownie mix), but still- so easy!
First the recipe called for 1/4 cup of water, then 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, and finally one egg.
(Don't forget to add your brownie mix)
Like, how much easier does it get!?

(see below for the story of this egg)

I love using a mixer, to ensure that everything is well blended & I don't end up with a clumpy batter.
So I beat the mixture until it looked well blended & then Jeremiah poured it into an 11x7 inch pan.
The box includes a package of marshmallow cream, that you pour over the mix- once you've poured the mix into the pan. So Jeremiah spread the mix in two straight lines, then took a knife & spread it around a little more (just to make sure that all the brownies got some cream).
Be sure to grease your pan really, really good. You wouldn't want those yummy brownies sticking!

We then placed the brownies into my oven, which had been pre-heating to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
We ended up baking our brownies for a lot longer than the box called for. 
For our pan size it said to bake for 26-29 minutes, but in reality I let them cook for at least a good 10 minutes longer.

Our finished product
(totally looks like a heart in the middle!)

We let the brownies cool for 10-15 minutes on a cooling rack, before cutting them up.

Jeremiah's super cutting skills.

This recipe was so, so good- yet took quite a while to bake! 
But let me say- it was totally worth it!!


Now, onto my egg story.
Jeremiah & I had out our little egg to use for our brownies. I had the awesome idea for an egg toss. 
I know what you're thinking, inside!?
Yes, inside.

So that's how it all started.
We were doing super good- yet I had every intention of smashing it all over Jeremiah.
Lemme say, he beat me to it.
We'd been tossing for a while & the egg got a tiny crack in it. Then a few tosses later, it was as if the crack had disappeared! I was fascinated!
I was holding the egg in my hand & forced Jeremiah to come observe this crazy, healed egg!
Just as I said, "look!", he smashed that egg all over me.
:(
Whomp. So in retaliation, I rubbed the remainder of the mess all over his shirt.
We both ended up in sticky, raw egg messes-
Who enjoyed some awesome brownies afterwards.


No comments:

Post a Comment