Sunday, May 25, 2014

DIY Baby Closet Dividers


My cousin has recently married & is currently pregnant with her first child, a boy!
She's due July 25th & I couldn't be happier for her!

I knew I wanted to give her a personal gift, something more than onesies & diapers.
Looking around on Pinterest, I found these really cute (& easy) DIY Baby Closet Dividers.
Mine aren't quite as fancy as these, but they're pretty darn adorable.

I started out with some wooden door hangers, which I purchased at Wal-Mart.
I think I paid around $6 for all six hangers.


Next, I used the same white paint I purchased for my Canvas Wall Art.


It took about four coats of Snow White paint on each side of the hangers. I also painted to edges, but only used one coat because the sides are not very visible.
(Make sure you let the paint dry completely before painting another coat.)
I put down wax paper, to keep my hangers from sticking- using cardboard is not a good idea.

Before & After

After each hanger had four coats of paint & had dried completely, I used my Fine Tip Paint Pen to write on them. I also purchased this at Wal-Mart for about $3.


I ordered some Wooden Animal Cut Outs (these are the exact ones) from Amazon.
I used my hot glue gun to glue the animals to the bottoms of the hangers.






 I cut six pieces of black ribbon into strips of approximately 16 inches each.
Then, tied them to the tops of the hangers.
(I already had the ribbon, so I'm not sure of the cost.)
(These will be used to tie around the closet rod, to allow the hangers to hang.)


The hangers were a pretty easy craft. The most time consuming part is waiting for paint to dry & trying to get your writing to look half-way decent.

Total Project Cost: approximately $21

No comments:

Post a Comment