Sunday, May 18, 2014

Canvas Wall Art

So recently, I've decided I wanted to redecorate my room.
My newest obsession is chevron.
I saw some awesome ideas on Pinterest, which included canvas wall art.

This was my inspiration.
 I'm not sure how I found this, but as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it!

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm not the most crafty person. I'd like to be, though! I love doing crafts! But I just don't have that artistic hand.  :(
Fortunately, Jeremiah does. So I asked him to assist me in my project.

I started out with some blank canvas boards.
I purchased mine at Wal-Mart.
I got the brand Simply Stretched in two different sizes. They came with two per each pack.
I paid $5 for the 8x10 & $6 for 7x14.
Pretty good deal I thought.

The paint I bought was also from Wal-Mart & was just regular Acrylic paint.
I paid .50 for each bottle.
I got three colors- white, laguna & fuchsia.

First, Jeremiah stenciled out the lines for me.
I'm not sure how he came up with the measurements, but that's all him.

Next, I taped off the edges- so I wouldn't paint in the wrong areas.
 Then, I started painting.
With the fuchsia, it took about four coats, each time, letting the paint dry completely before adding another coat. With the laguna it only took three coats & white, I only used two coats. To speed up my drying process, I used my hair dryer (which worked great).

After painting, I removed the tape & went around the edges with my white acrylic paint.
Some of the paint seeped under the tape (I would recommend using a painters tape), so I had a few touch-ups to make.

My final products.





 I love the way these turned out! I felt like they were super, super easy & didn't take too much time.
I worked on them for two evenings & easily got them finished.

I haven't decided where to hang them yet, I'll probably wait until I have all my other new things together before I do.

Total project cost: $13

No comments:

Post a Comment