Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Goodies! (& weekend recap)

I know, I know. I'm way too old for these Easter shenanigans- but I totally can't help it! I adore Easter (& Easter baskets), so this year I'm making Jeremiah a cute, cute, cute goodie basket. I don't think he's as into Easter as I am- but at least he puts up with my antics & let's me make him a basket!

First:
My inspiration was this little bunny- so adorable!

So the whole basket was basically centered around this! 



Second:
It took me forever to pick out a basket- I didn't want to spend a fortune on one because I know he's totally just gonna toss it to the side. So I found the pictured basket for $1.99 at Wal-Mart (score!


Third:
I picked up some fillers:
An adorable card

Spongebob Krabby Patties
Astronaut Ice Cream (his favorite, impossible to find, snack)
A cute bunny cup (got myself a matching pink one)
Some Jelly Belly Jelly Beans
And a pack of Peeps (gotta have Peeps for Easter)

Fourth:

I broke down & got that little blue Polaroid camera I was in love with. Jeremiah & I both agreed we'd like to have one for this summer- but he doesn't know I got it! (hehe)
I also ordered him forty film strips- these little babies are not cheap
But you can't have a camera & no film.
I am so excited to put it into use this summer, it will make for some fun memories!

Fifth:
I added a little green faux grass & am considering throwing a little glitter on it (everything needs a little sparkle).


I hope you all had a blessed Easter holiday, I know we did! Yesterday, my church hosted their annual Easter egg hunt & we had a great turn out. The kids had such a great time, & we ended up with beautiful weather. Then today at our church we had an amazing baptism (I love that it was on Easter)! Afterwards, we headed to the grandparents houses' for Easter dinners.
This year was our first year without one of our grandfathers, he recently passed about three weeks ago- so this year was really hard not having him there. I was glad we were able to visit with my grandmother to give her some much needed comfort & company. That house will never feel the same without him.. But overall, it was a great day. Luckily, we are supposed to have nice weather from here on out- & Jeremiah will be home in twelve days!
I've got to get all my ducks in a row for his soon to be arrival!
Yay!
Enjoy what's left of your Easter weekend!

"He is not here, for He has risen." -Matthew 28:6

No comments:

Post a Comment